[3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:48:30 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3X, K3MM, KE3X, W3KL
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    63     0      9        9
   80:   195    12     18       25
   40:   568    78     24       40
   20:   694   181     29       54
   15:   441   266     26       40
   10:    60     0     17       71
-------------------------------------
Total:  2021   537    123      185  Total Score = 2,555,784

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks to John Evans N3HBX for letting use the Poolesville station.

A major windstorm blew through the DC area a couple weeks ago - bringing 80 MPH
wind gusts, lightning, and cutting power to over 1.5 million people.  The
Poolesville station was not immune.  The 80 meter Lazy H was destroyed and
parts of it came crashing down and to rest on the guy wires of the 15 meter
tower.  We could not turn that tower at all.  Our 40/10 tower also failed and
was stuck due north.  So, we were on secondary antennas for much of the event.

The event itself was quite fun.  We had VERY low expectations given the X1
flare during the week and the anticipated CME.  Condx held out for several
hours and we had a terrific first hour on 15.  That didn't last and 20 (while
decent) was not what it could have been (slow overnight runs and no depth).  40
was affected as well with runs not being as deep and raspy buzz in the morning.

We actually did quite well on 80 and 160 - skimmer seems to do that to you on
CW...

Congrats to all the multi-op efforts.