[3830] IARU N1LN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N1LN M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:43:56 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): W0UCE, W4KAZ, K4QE, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    16     3      3        2
   80:    99     2     11        4
   40:   331   203     23       35
   20:   311   371     27       44
   15:   305   178     28       26
   10:    19    18     10        6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1081   775    102      117  Total Score = 1,211,946

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the contest weekend that almost never happened.  A few weeks ago the
station had a slight run in with some lightening.  Fortunately, it was slight,
but it took out 6 or the 7 rotors.  Good news was the ARRL insurance process
was efficient and painless.  The new parts arrived quickly.  The bad news was
that due to the weather the tower work took me some time.  The 100+ temps, more
lightening and frequent rain inserted a bit of a delay in the required 11 tower
climbs.  The last climb was last week on Wednesday night, so we were then GOOD
TO GO.

This was the first time we had the opportunity to have Tony, K4QE, join the
crew.  Hope he had as much fun operating with us as we did with him.  His
personality fit right in and he quickly became one of the gang.  Hopefully he
will be back for more multi op, multi radio events.

While on the topic of multi op events, yes, we also would like to add our
complaint to the growing list of support for some changes or additions to the
allowable IARU contest classifications.  Sure wish either working mults on rig
2 in the MS classification or a M2 class could be added.

As for the conditions and results, well, for the last 3 years we finished in
10th place.  We always do OK, but not really well and certainly not great. The
scores posted so far again prove that point out.  One thing has been true and
that is we are consistent.  Our Q count, mults, points have continued to keep
the final scores within 100K for this year and the previous 3.

We do always score in the "had fun" ranking.  That was again true this year.
Chef Archie (aka: Jack, W0UCE) again made us an outstanding dinner on Saturday
night. NOTE: That was the only time it was good have one rig on the air!

Congrats to the other MS entries for some VERY outstanding scores, thanks to
everyone for the Qs and see you next time.

73,
Bruce, N1LN