[3830] IARU W1HH(@WO1N) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W1HH(@WO1N) M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:07:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1HH
Operator(s): N1IW, W1STT, WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: M/S LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0      0      0        0
   80:  100      2     11       11
   40:  162     52     15       25
   20:  257    195     25       43
   15:  287     32     19       31
   10:   48      0      9        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  854    281     79      118  Total Score = 630,991

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT1000D, Cycle 24 TX38 Tribander @40', 40M Dipole@38', 80M Dipole@38'

A favorite contest for us. Even though we were one of the WRTC2014 Station Demo
sites we decided early on to do a straight up Multi-Single so our score would
count for the IARU contest. This is essentially a field day set up. The weather
was stellar all weekend albeit a bit warm for us wimpy New Englander's.

N1IW got us off to a good start Saturday morning. 15M was the money band. Band
conditions were exceptionally quiet all weekend, even 80M. Polar paths were
somewhat shutdown. W1STT did the bulk of the Sideband Qs while I did the
overnight 20Q/hr stint ending with my personal nemesis, those deep Pacific
mults that are so damn loud but I never manage to work. At least I got to
witness the spectacular moon rise at 4:00 AM local.

In the last hour 20M never really opened for us so we were back to 40M to close
it out.

Our thanks go to the WRTC 2014 organizing committee (www.wrtc2014.org)for
arranging this opportunity and K2TE and his "Beam Team" members that deployed
the antenna for us to use over the weekend.

73,
Ken
WO1N