[3830] NAQP RTTY W5KFT(K5PI) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W5KFT(K5PI) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 06:33:48 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   48    27
   40:  102    41
   20:  235    52
   15:  139    40
   10:   91    27
-------------------
Total:  615   187  Total Score = 115,005

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: SWACC #1

Comments:

I lashed up an SO2R setup, but then couldn't really use it.  For some reason,
MMTTY would keep the PTT closed for 4-5 seconds after sending a message.  Maybe
it was Windows 7?  I tried flipping a bunch of switches in MMTTY, but no luck.
I tried both a PCI serial port and a USB serial port -- same results.  I think
I made about a dozen contacts -- if I worked you this way, thanks for your
patience.

So this was just a boy-and-his-radio event for me, but I had a good time.  Ten
meters was in fine shape during the first hour.  I came back to 10 a few times
during the afternoon but only picked up a few more QSOs.  Twenty was very
productive, so I didn't hit 40 until 0100Z.  When I got to 40, it was pretty
slow going that first hour or so.  Eighty was really noisy here, even though
there were no storms in the immediate area.

I didn't try to move an awful lot of people, but I did have some success.
Thanks especially to VE4EAR who called me on 80 in the last 10 minutes of the
contest.  I moved him to 40, no problem.  He seemed surprised when I suggested
we try 20 as well.  No problem -- decent signals there, too.  So Ed suggested
we try 15, too!  No luck there, but thanks for trying, Ed!

Rig:  TS-850, DXP-38 (and occasionally K3 with MMTTY)