[3830] NAQP RTTY VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 07:30:02 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   80:   42    23
   40:  158    40
   20:  163    47
   15:   20    16
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  386   129  Total Score = 49,794

Club:

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

Major delays and interruptions kept me off the air for much of this one. A three
hour delay getting started meant I probably missed any significant gathering on
10m. By the time I started 10 was open via sporadic-e to quite a few locations
but no one was around to take advantage of that. Same story on 15m.

I found 20m packed and after sweeping the bvand looking for a run freq, foundd
I was working many close in stations. WI, MN, ND SK etc are all difficult
normally on 20m. The band was literally open coast to coast which allowed me to
have a great 90 minute run. This ended when unexpected company arrived  removing
another 3 hours from chair time.

40m wasn't in bad shape and I found a spot and had another good run. With my
local noise level, I dread going to 80m and this evening was no exception.
Spent the last 90 minutes on 80 with poor performance. The noise made running
difficult as decoding was not reliable. Propagation wise the band was not in
bad shape and I found even with 100W people were hearing me far better than I
was hearing them. It hurts to be receiving a 10 over 9 signal and have to ask
for repeats because you can't decode it.

Final Murphy attach was when N1MM went into transmit and would not unkey. How
embarrassing. The only recourse was quitting N1MM and restarting it. This never
happened before!!

Thanks for all the Q's and patience on 80m.

Ed VE4EAR