[3830] NAQP RTTY N4KG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N4KG Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:36:35 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   46    25
   40:  104    40
   20:  147    45
   15:   64    25
   10:   32    17
-------------------
Total:  393   152  Total Score = 59,736

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG Goodfellas

Comments:

N4KG MACRO Suggestion to ALL participants:

Put a SPACE Before and After Each Macro to avoid run-on confusion with other
signals transmitting on the same frequency.  It is Especially Important to
isolate Your CALLSIGN with spaces before and after!

Unfortunately, I am still using one computer to run MMTTY and my favorite
(small and easy-to-read) laptop to LOG in NA10.53  After some bad experiences
with N1MM, I have been reluctant to embrace that program but see no good
alternative, especially for RTTY.  I guess that will be my next Learning Curve
to climb... Worse yet, was the fact that the PTT output from my old MMTTY
computer had ceased to function so EVERY transmission required pressing the PTT
switch on a hand microphone!

After finally upgrading to a High Speed Internet Connection and Windows
computer, I was finally able to upload the last 2.5 years of Contest Logs to
LoTW and discovered that I qualified for the ARRL WAS Triple Play but needed a
Bunch of States on 10 and 15M, especially RTTY, so that's where I started this
event, chasing multipliers and new states.  Still need GA to complete 20M WAS
RTTY.  NEVER heard WW4LL except on 80M :-(

I'm still recovering from tree and tornado damage so was limited to:
ONE Radio - Icom 746 with 250 Hz filter at 9 MHz (500 Hz filters set up for
CW)
ONE Tribander - TH7 at 40 ft (ALL 10/15/20 monobanders broken 40M Coax fell
off)
ONE 40M Inverted Vee aimed N/S at 53 ft
ONE 40M Delta Loop E/W, fed at North Corner at 45 ft (bottom wire at 3 ft)
ONE 80M Elevated GP - 40 ft tower with TH7 Top-Load 7 radials at 15 ft

Missed MS RI VT VE1,2,8,9 VO VY
Only worked ONE other ALabama station - where were my teammates???
Can I count myself for 5 Band Multiplier ? :-)

de Tom N4KG in North Alabama