[3830] CQWW VHF VE1SKY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve1sky@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE1SKY SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:15:32 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE1SKY
Operator(s): VE1SKY
Station: VE1SKY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): alot

    6:  23     20
    2:   8      7
-------------------
Total:  31     27  Total Score = 1,053

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

This year was slow going in the Canadian Maritime provinces.  Half my low power
Qs were meteor scatter.  Es opened a bit in the last 30 minutes. Summer
solstice works better for Es in this locale.

It was fun being ready with MS, CW and Phone and various software.  As it
turned out, this contest was more like the annual Geminids MS contest in
December. A random with K9NS at over 1100 miles on 6m was an FSK441 highlight.
I almost worked him for a 2nd band, but the qso fell apart with waning meteors.

Aside from the MS, it was fun chasing N1HC/R around various grids in Northern
Maine.  Thanks to KT1R too.  Good to be part of this contest - always...  Nice
crowd in this one and some excellent operators.

73,
Roger, VE1SKY
Bridgetown, Nova Scotia FN74