[3830] CQWW VHF KB8U SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KB8U SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 05:34:10 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EN71
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

    6:  276   106
    2:   70    34
-------------------
Total:  346   140  Total Score = 58,240

Club:

Comments:

Good conditions on 6m, but E-skip signals were generally not really strong.  I
had a nice string of QSOs into southern California so no complaints here.
There was some tropo enhancement on 6 and 2, but nothing like what proceeded
the contest.  I did have a couple ~500 mile contacts on 2m so that's always
fun.  This contest is still not as popular as the June ARRL contest so I missed
a lot of the guys I always contact then.

I replaced the feedline on my 9 element 6m yagi and replaced my 2 meter preamp
so it was nice to have those working normally again.  I did that on Thursday
before the contest, and had gone on a 100 mile bicycle ride last weekend so I
was really tired and slept a lot.  I did not bother to try any WSJT, I decided
to sleep instead.