[3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:29:10 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE3SMA
Operator(s): VE3NPB,VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  44     26
    2:  37     19
-------------------
Total:  81     45  Total Score = 5,310

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Propagation was pretty flat, traffic delayed Murray's arrival at the portable
QTH and I ended up with a fever all weekend, so the score is well down from our
previous best.  But some interesting QSOs were had and some fish were caught (by
Murray), making for an interesting outing.

On 6m, the only usable sporadic E was a couple of hours worth to Florida and
the Gulf Coast.  Morning scatter was weaker than previous years and not enough
for CW QSOs.  One of these times we'll get organized enough for digital modes.
No enhancement on 2m, but a few reasonably distant QSOs were made on
troposcatter, out to about 700 km.

73,
Steve VE3SMA