[3830] IOTA M0CFW(JK3GAD) SO(A)24CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jk3gad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IOTA M0CFW(JK3GAD) SO(A)24CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:40:39 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: M0CFW
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: M0CFW

Class: SO(A)24CW LP
QTH: Central London
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

   80:    0       0
   40:  200      28
   20:  208      34
   15:  173      20
   10:    6       2       5        2
Total:  587      84       5        2  Total Score = 341,420

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

After very nice Olympic opening ceremony on Friday evening/Saturday morning,
Costa coffee failed to wake me up completely. I was struggling to set up wires
and ATU on the balcony and spent several hours to find out why these did not
work. I eventually found power feeder to ATU was connected other way around so
12V was fed to K3 antenna port through coax! That was when I saw some white
smoke(?) from K3. However, after fix wiring, I did not see any damage in K3. As
I was quite sure K3 was broken, that's good, anyway. So I started contest few
hours late.

I still had some step to optimise antenna performance, however, quite happy
with results, particularly QSO counts. Propagation was not good but thanks to
good activities (notably DLs and OK/OMs ) and good ops who can copy my weak
signal around the world, I made nearly  500 QSOs from 5 meter wire and ATU set
up.

I used RBN. I know I cannot beat pile up to pick up multipliers so mainly to
increase QSOs and know who is where, how the band is, etc. I noticed some RB
station does not calibrate frequency on his/her SDR well so off 1KHz! Also
noticed on Sunday late morning I was spotted on 40m but I was actually on 20m.
Strange. Do I need to check my K3 TX signal for potential spurious?

Used Win-Test Dev version. I tried to upload online realtime score,
cqcontest.ru, but software failed to fetch data from Win-Test. I am sorry if
someone expected statistics.

Next contest activities will be EU HF Championship from Jersey club station.
See you everyone in the contest!

73 Kazu  M0CFW, JK3GAD