[3830] IOTA 5Q2T(OZ0J) SO(A)24Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz0j@oz0j.dk
Subject: [3830] IOTA 5Q2T(OZ0J) SO(A)24Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:58:38 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): OZ0J
Station: 5Q2T

Class: SO(A)24Mixed HP
QTH: OZ7EDR
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:   25      11       49       19
   40:   40       4       33        9
   20:  195      22      147       26
   15:  151      20      108       34
   10:   39      10       63       16
Total:  450      67      400      104  Total Score = 840,294

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

Here I should have written that I had working the IOTA contest from my new
tower. Cause to work the concrete was not ready for the tower 1 week before the
contest. I got lucky to work from the HQ of EDR in the town Odense (where the
writer Hans Christian Andersen is born) and all antennas to the IOTA contest
was already set up.

My Mark-V decided to break during the IARU Championship contest and was not
available for the contest. I borrowed a Mark-V Field but it was unable to be
opened so I could add some CW filters. Therefore, the station for the contest
was my brand new IC-9100 packed out form the box at the QTH. I have no voice
keyer and no frequency / band connection to the laptop but the station could
work some QSOâ??s.

I managed to get to the QTH before the rain and thunderstorms where coming.
They decided to go away before the contest and then I only have some noice on
the low bands from the business buildings in the neighbourhood.

It was fun to work from a rare IOTA No. There are some stations on EU-172 but
not many active from the IOTA No during the contest.

Highlights: To work CY9M, TO2D, TO2U, JX9JKA, OJ0R where some of them are new
DXCCs for me. Also to be called by PP5XX on 80 M early Sunday morning. I was
sure that I still was dreaming.

Lowlights: That I have to change the band and mode manually. I did find some
errors just when I have worked a few QSOs on the wrong mode. The local Internet
connection also decided not to work when I was working on 20 M. And the Win-Test
version 4.10.0 that decided to freeze my laptop completed in the middle of my
QSO with AA4V.

I also managed to damage a coax cable during my QSO with VK7ZX. Just when VK7ZX
got my call correct I had FULL SWR on 20 M. My first thought was that the beam
was broken but after some tests to find the error, it was only the coax from
the power amplifier to the plug in the wall (to the antenna) that was broken.
After 5 minutes I was back in the air.

It was very fun to run 20 M CW Sunday morning. I manage to have a running
pile-up on 1 hour and 40 minutes almost without calling CQ. It was fun but hard
work.

This week I hope to complete my tower project and should be active in the
European HF Championship on Saturday.

Rig: Icom IC-9100 and Acom 1000 (output 900 â?" 1.000 watt)
3 element beam to 10, 15 ad 20 M
Vertical dipoles to 40 and 80 M

73 â??Joeâ?? 5Q2T