[3830] NAQP CW K7IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 07:52:34 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 9:56

  160:    3     3
   80:   79    26
   40:  184    43
   20:  335    48
   15:   83    32
   10:
-------------------
Total:  684   152  Total Score = 103,968

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Bandits

Comments:

My best August outing yet, thanks to considerable antenna work in the past 12
months.  Conditions could be better, but it's summertime!  Lots of T-storm QRN
on the low bands until just about quitting time.  10m had only a handful of
signals too weak to work. 15 offered long skip to EU before the event began,
but the copyable activity in NA was sparse.  20 produced a lot of action with
some very good runs (for me).  Ditto for 40 after local darkness despite high
QRN.  80m QRN dissipated about 20 mins before QRT, allowing a nice run and mult
harvest before the clock struck the pumpkin.

The only downside was the usual development of dark black noisy clouds sweeping
from the ENE at about 1200Z (local suppertime).  As per the daily usual, I
disconnected everything in the hopes that my remaining 1.5 hours of break time
would accomodate the passing T-storm.  But the bark was worse than the bite--I
spent an hour drumming my fingers and watching the Olympics, hearing only a few
rumbles (and getting no rain, SW New Mexico's unfortunate habit this summer).

Thanks for the QSOs!  Looking forward to winter condx in January!

73, dan