[3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:57:52 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   41    13
   40:  102    35
   20:  223    40
   15:  229    41
   10:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  601   133  Total Score = 84,741

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

NAQP CW Summer 2012 was right on because Cycle 24 delivered stellar numbers. I
experienced exceptional RadioSport fun as personal best records were achieved
over the course of 10 hours of maximum rate per minute.

Good Cycle 24 numbers didn't necessarily guarantee at least one or more hours
of prime time conditions on 10 meters toward the East coast. Where is 10m
RadioSport activity? I recall this band as the 'money band' back in the day.

Personal Best Records --
1st Hour Rate hit 103 on 15 meters.
Maintained an average of 1 Q per minute.
New NAQP Q record set at 601 before adjudication.

Top Three Sections --
CA = 58
TX = 56
CO = 30

Zone Break Out --

Fifteen meters definitely established the tempo and tone for the first two
hours then didn't seem like I was getting traction on 20m until later in the
afternoon. I probably needed to focus a little more on 15m because I burned
valuable time on 20m trying to establish rate. Likewise, I may have
strategically blundered when calculating two hours of off time, potentially,
missing the 20m pipeline into East coast population centers.

73, Scot KA3DRR

ICOM 756PRO
80m Dipole
40m 3ELE