[3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(@N1LN) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(@N1LN) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:30:20 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N4YDU, W0UCE, AA4FU, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   61    25
   80:  161    41
   40:  520    57
   20:  451    60
   15:  254    43
   10:    9     6
-------------------
Total: 1486   232  Total Score = 344,752

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Having read a couple of the postings from yesterday, the varying opinions about
band conditions are interesting. In our opinion, the conditions left a lot to
be desired.  The first hour on 20 and 15 were indeed our best rates of the
contest.  The opening hour on 40 was also quite good, but not great.  That
would be the end of the positive statements. Judging by our Q and mult count on
10 meters, the band was dead or we missed the opening.  Overall our mults were
down by more than 40 and our Qs were down by about 100 from last year. The
shortage was mostly on 10 and 15, but the low bands also contributed to the
delta.  The QRN on 160 and 80, even with the beverages, made copy difficult.
Sorry if you were calling and we were not able to pull you through.

However, even with the most frustrating conditions, we always enjoy spending
time together as a team.  As usual, Chef Archie stopped over to cook dinner for
us. It was as always, very tasty.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs and being patient during the many repeat
requests.  Thanks to those that moved bands for us to help with that rare
multiplier.

We would like to wish everyone the best for NAQP-SSB.  Some of us will be out
of town, so we won't make that one.   We would also like to congratulate the
W2FU team for the totally OUTSTANDING M2 score.  Well done.

73 from the NC4KW team,

Jack, W0UCE
Nate, N4YDU
Alan, AA4FU