[3830] NAQP CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:42:35 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Dallas
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     7
   80:  104    32
   40:  203    43
   20:  422    50
   15:  172    42
   10:   12     6
-------------------
Total:  924   180  Total Score = 175,560

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group Enchiladas

Comments:

This was my first stateside contest in a while. It's also my favorite. The
contest was an opportunity to make the trip to Dallas and spend a few more days
with Jay on the station upgrade. The contest was actually secondary, but served
as a dress rehearsal for other stateside contests, such as the SS in the fall
(where I won't be the op). As expected, the stateside signal is beefy on three
more bands.

Good rate was basically All You Can Eat, but I lacked a strategy for maximizing
score. 20 was awesome, but I think I went there too early and stayed too late.
So I didn't spend enough time running on 15, 40 or 80 and ran out of time to do
160 right. I heard more mults on 160 in the 10 minutes after my time was up than
I actually worked. I need to work harder at moving mults around - much harder. I
think the low bands were pretty noisy, even 40, but prior to sunset the rates
there were excellent. The new 80M antenna rocks. The old one did too, but the
angle was way too low for stateside rate.

Roy -- AD5Q