[3830] NAQP CW VE7FO M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE7FO M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:49:54 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 10.25

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  120    43
   20:  156    52
   15:  103    36
   10:    8     7
-------------------
Total:  387   138  Total Score = 53,406

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Went M/2 because I like to use spots.

Have done very little contesting from home in the last 2-3 years.  Mostly M/M
at VE7UF and M/2 or M/M at VE7IO.  Felt good to be back.  Will be getting on
from home a lot more as I find I'm losing track of what's going on with N1MM.
As I seem to be the go-to guy for things N1MM at UF and IO this isn't good.  I
figure that more activity from my own station will get me back up to speed.

Found I was a little tired and rusty so did mostly S&P.  Managed to get the
rate up to 80 at times.

40 was really quiet.  Made 1/3 of my Qs there in 2-1/2 hrs.  This with a dipole
with apex at about 40 ft and ends at 20 ft.

10 was somewhat productive 8 Qs and 7 mults.  Not sure it was worth the 40
minutes.

Was hoping to beat VE7IO as, although he has a significantly better station, he
had a couple of trainee ops.  Well, these are the guys that IO and I have been
training since last fall so this was a little cheeky of me.  Fred ain't too
shabby, either.

Got terrible RF feedback on 80.  Don't know why.  Put out more than 10W and
radio locks up in transmit until I turn down the RF power.

Thanks for the Qs, everyone.  Maybe see you in NAQP SSB.

73, Jim  VE7FO