[3830] WAE CW AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] WAE CW AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:07:30 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto Ohio EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 11:14

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   13    11    21
   20:  102   111    62
   15:  102    94    60
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  217   215   143  Total Score = 61,919

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I love the WAE CW and RTTY contests.   The EU ops are stellar.   The use of QTCs
is unique to this test.   It's always fun to time the sending of your last QTCs
to the end of the contest.   Fun for those of us outside EU, and certainly a
challenge for the EU ops.   As always, the EU ops stepped up to the plate and
delivered a home run.   Any time I needed to unload QTCs, an EU op was ready
and waiting.   No matter how poor the "path" was, the EU ops were persistent
and patient.   I worked everyone I heard, except those who were busy with QTCs
at the time I came upon them.   There was only one station who couldn't hear me
when I called.   (I wish I could say the same for so many US ops, who prefer to
hand pick the loud stations and ignore the weak ones in a contest).   I also
like the 36/48 hr contest time because I can take time out for family and
chores and still play radio all weekend.

A tip of the hat to DARC and all of the fine EU ops.   Thanks for the great
time!