[3830] NAQP SSB N2WN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N2WN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 06:18:16 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9:56

  160:   39    20
   80:   75    27
   40:  125    35
   20:  250    44
   15:   26    10
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  517   137  Total Score = 70,829

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: Neutrons

Comments:

TN was the only state worked on all bands, missed TX on 10. 10 was dismal, 15
slightly better, 20 was so-so, 40 to 160 were noisy. Rapid QSB and QRN made for
challenges, thanks to those who worked thru that and my fumblin'...

I'm not happy with the numbers, but not bummed either, had some great spurts
and many new ones, and few old friends who I've not worked in a while make it
into the log. 40 was touch and go, the vertical wasn't the right antenna, so
loaded up the 80m dipole (the only horizontal option) and it helped at times.
75 just didn't seem like there were many on. 160 was a pleasant surprise, even
for as few Qs as I worked it was productive for multipliers.

Was happy to work a VE8 (always seems to be tough from here), a number of KL7s,
KH^ on two bands. It was weird not to work a single MA (must have all been at
Boxboro hihi), NM only on one band, missed AZ on 40?!?, and VE3 on 160!?! hihi

Many wanted to chat, mostly about the poor conditions, but there was one guy
portable in WY with a low dipole in a National Park (many WY calls worked),
several mobiles, some calls from TN I had never worked before. Of course, many
will think I am "TOM" (in memory of Tom Neill, K4XG (SK)) now. I couldn't fool
the Locust and a few others tho' ;o)

Felt trashed at the end, and my head was not happy with the headphones, found
them more irritating than normal. The shack is in a flux stage, changing out
computers and trying to add some automation to it, along with cleaning out
stuff I am not using. Hope it will be organized soon *sigh*

Thanks for all the Qs and conversation,
73,
Julius
n2wn