[3830] NAQP SSB NK7U M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NK7U M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 07:28:33 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, K7ZO, W7ZRC
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   31    11
   80:   96    29
   40:  292    56
   20:  630    55
   15:  107    37
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1156   188  Total Score = 217,328

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Not to dwell too much on how grim things were. We had one hour at 47 and four
others under 70 as a M/2. Ouch! Never heard a peep on 10M.

We probably got as much out of 15 as was possible this weekend. We had S9 noise
levels so sorry if we didn't hear your call. We stuck with it since, as a M/2 we
had no where else to go. Going to 40 is totally futile until about an hour
before sunset for us out west. Had a great peak right at 2330 before the band
slammed shut for good with 10 QSOs in 3 minutes then the switch fliped.

We spent 9+ hours on 20M and felt good until we saw the giant scores from our
M/2 competitors with 700+ and wow congrats to NX5M gang with 900+. As others
said it was tough to hold a freq and we spent much time looking for the spots
to drop into.

Relative to the population rich midwest and east we always struggle on the low
bands. Our almost 300 Qs on 40 is decent for the August version of this
contest. We had a bit of a surprise on 80 when we found out Joe's 80M rotating
dipole at 150', usually our main antenna in NAQP, was dead. So we had to use
the 4 square which is setup for DX contests and does not perform well due East
as we need in domestic contests.

Still fun was had by all. A great format and nice length.

Thanks to all who QSY'd for us.

Scott/K7ZO