[3830] CWopsT N3AD HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N3AD HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:23:33 -0700
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 22

Call: N3AD
Operator(s): N3AD
Station: N3AD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:45

  160:
   80:
   40:  14
   20:  24
   15:   6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     37  Total Score = 1,628

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My apologies for repeats and missed calls.

When I turned on radio this morning, I had a S9+20 pulsating noise level, a bit
different than typical pole noise that I have encountered before. I just got the
cable company to finally run the cable to my property (about a half mile). So at
first I thought it might be coming from that cable. But when I tried to track it
in my truck listening at 1700 Khz, it peaked at same point it used to. When I
drive past the amplifier installed on my property, no noise peak there. As I
turn up one street where it is loud, there is no cable on those poles. So, I
would guess at this point, not from the cable.

I will get on the afternoon session a bit but if noise continues, not going to
hang around for the late session. Important thing at this point is to fix it
before the CW Open. The power company has already been called and they usually
respond quickly. (Hope the RFI guy is not on vacation).

73
Alan/N3AD