[3830] SCC RTTY WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 06:51:51 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: WE4M

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   40    73    26
   40:  173   410    61
   20:  277   745    63
   15:  221   628    62
   10:   13    33    12
-------------------------
Total:  724  1889   224  Total Score = 423,136

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Since the qsy time rule was removed this year, it's not fair to do a comparison,
but I more than doubled my previous best score.  Compared to last week's SARTG
contest, the conditions seemed much better, and I even managed to work a few
stations on 10!  It's a shame that countries/zones don't count as mults since
there were some good ones on (even if I couldn't always get them to hear me).

This seems to be a be tough contest for my ICE419 filter.  It blew the 20M
section just as the contest was starting, just like last time.  I just wonder
how it knows...  Also had complaints from one of the K3's which indicated OVER
CURRENT and even got it to trip off a couple of times. Again no change in
anything from last weekend, where everything worked well.

Lots of unanswered CQs pushed the k3's PA temp higher than I've seen it before
(>50C).

Had to shut down for the obligatory thunderstorm, and I had a couple of short
breaks that didn't show as time off.

Thanks to SCC for sponsoring this contest, and to all the operators around the
world who buy equipment, put up antennas so we all have someone to contact!

Radios Two Elecraft K3, FT1000 MKV (external fans)
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at  54 ft
shunt fed tower on  80 M