[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 05:20:41 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:   99
   40:  126
   20:  121
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: DFW Contest Group 1

Comments:

Great band conditions, although signals on 80 seemed weak, especially from the
NE on my beverage. The west was loud on 80. It's fascinating how the bands go
long and short, and in and out, and change during the four hours. My station
worked really well, with little to no inter-station interference.  All in all,
a Sprint just does not get any better than this from that standpoint.

Lots of long-term regulars. They just come back every six months. Very good
operating skills. Some new calls as well. Some very impressive improvements
over the past several years, such as NO3M. I was drained when the four hours
finally wound down, with all of us trying to squeeze out a contact or two from
mostly worked-out bands. But the second radio contacts on 40 at the end and on
20 at the two-and-a-half hour point justified sticking with those endless CQs
as now and then someone would call just when you thought you'd worked the band
dry.

Not a great number of mults for me. Worked all I heard, which doubt means I
missed some others will get.

Great numbers by several top ops. Impressive as always. Tnx for the NCJ/League
and the Boring ARC for supporting the Sprint. 3830 guys as well.

73, Jim N3BB