[3830] WAE SSB 4O3A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 4o3a@t-com.me
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB 4O3A Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:09:37 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Obosnik hill
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:   29    10    27
   40:  370   180    58
   20:  710   397    95
   15:  849   840    91
   10:  105   227    42
-------------------------
Total: 2063  1654   738  Total Score = 2,743,146

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Nice weekend indeed
On the station at the moment I have installed antennas for all bands, but these
are added to system as antennas for second directions, and of course these are
not as good as main antennas were.
Main M2 stacks, visibly better then other antennas, I lost in January's
hurricane together with tower. I was really missing those stacks to take out
weak signals on high bands.

Highlights
1.Endless stream of USA stations with one digit report on 20M and 15M, and no
one to be asked for QTCs for hours.
2. JA4DND who found me on 20M to give me QTCs. Thank you Hiro!!

Good propagation on 15M, but 10M failed. I was hoping to have some short
opening, but just few USAs worked, with very weak signals just over the noise
level. Strange skew propagation. Only VY2ZM behave as a beacon with solid S9
for hours.

I totally failed on 80M, and it was expected. This winter also lost 4SQ in
hurricane, and old good 2L yagi is retired forever last winter, due to very
often mechanical or lightning problems, whatever. I simply became sick of it.
And now - only one GP and dipole lefts. I could not make successful QSYs with
rare low pistols on 80M this time.
Have to thanks to ZS4TX for successful QSY on 40 and 80, as well as to Masaru,
Hiro and Kan for coming on 80M with other JAs.

Now I am focused on assembling back my lost tower and installing tribander
stack on it. It will be used independently on high bands with high power
triplexer in shack. If all will be as expected, I will replace all existing
monobanders with tribander stacks on all towers. Monobanders will symbolize old
way of antenna engineering :-)

Thanks to all for QSOs and patience

Ranko
YUHEZ/AM