[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:05:43 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10we
Operating Time (hrs): 22

    6:  149    42
    2:  148    34
  222:   72    25
  432:  104    30
  903:   40    14
  1.2:   54    17
  2.3:   29    11
  3.4:   25     9
  5.7:   22     9
  10G:   19     8
  24G:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  663   200  Total Score = 263,000

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

I had a great time in the contest this weekend.  Started it with very few
schedules and only a couple  for meteor scatter. Six meters was kinda low in
activity, but rovers were aplenty which is always a nice thing.  Then about 7pm
on Saturday evening I noticed some long grids on 6m, how about that, an opening.
 6M opened and closed on Saturday and Sunday.  Just as soon as it closed, I'd
jump to the band for a contact and would be a tail end from FL or other grid.
Ended up with just about identical number of qso's and more grids on 6 than
2m.
22 percent of my contacts were from rovers and although there could be more of
them, it sure is nice to have the rovers that we have.  Thanks guys.
When it came time for meteor scatter I discovered that my virtual audio cable
system was not working with wsjt.  This was very frustrating, but in some ways
it is the price of living on the edge of software development.  Won't happen
next time.
So off to a nice night of sleep.  Morning brought normal conditions, nothing
enhanced like we wish.
The only enhancement was during Sunday evening when I was surprised with a few
contacts from the 400-500 mile range on 144, 222 and 432, nice bonus.
After dinner on Sunday it was non stop activity, would be nice to have that
level during the whole contest.
I checked my scores back to 2002 when I had my first contest and this was my
personal best score.
73, Phil K3TUF FN10we