[3830] SAC CW OH2BH(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] SAC CW OH2BH(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 12:08:40 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pusula
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:  305    43
   40:  604    59
   20:  825    67
   15:  441    65
   10:   59    23
-------------------
Total: 2234   257  Total Score = 1,358,245

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Something I always associate with SAC CW is the post-contest sound of leaves in
the autumn breeze. After 24 non-stop hours of CW and being "on the edge" with
one's listening sense, the leaves sound so much more intense than at any other
time. Just another quirky detail from the life of a contester :)

Quite stressed out right now due to an integrated circuit "tapeout" deadline at
work coming up in 2 weeks. Anybody who works in the field knows the amount of
multi-tasking required, and the need to get things absolutely right because
fabrication runs are so costly. So it certainly didn't help my concentration
when I opened up my remote connection to the simulation machine on Saturday
morning and found some anomalous results from the overnight run! Well,
fortunately the subconscious worked out a solution and by 12z I was good to
go.

Conditions on Saturday were quite alright from 15m down to 80m. As some have
commented, especially 40m was great towards the west, with signals up to
599+30dB from W-land. There was no proper opening on 10m, but managed to
squeeze some QSOs here and there by dutifully checking it throughout the
contest. On Sunday, things got very difficult as propagation took a clear
downward turn. The station worked great, without problems.

This year SAC features the National Team Contesting trial
(http://www.sactest.net/blog/sac-2012-national-team-contesting-trial/),
including online scoring and audio/video streams. I was honored to be selected
a member of Team Finland, and it was quite fun to follow the friendly battle
between the Scandinavian countries. Not to mention my own friendly battle with
Toni up at OH8X! Online scoring adds a kind of spice to our sport that I think
is very healthy.

As usual, thanks to all for the QSOs! Many thanks to Martti and Leena for
letting me use their summer house and station.

Kim OH6KZP