[3830] Salmon Run N2CU SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N2CU SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:23:53 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   16      1      0
   40:   33      6      0
   20:   71     35      1
   15:   51     37      0
   10:    4      0      0
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  175     79      1  Mults = 36  Total Score = 25,696

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Score includes 1000 bonus points for CW and SSB QSOs with W7DX.

Murphy hit big time on Saturday. Tribander was out of service (unknown to me)
at the start so used my 40m delta loop on 20m, and 40m dipole on 15m. Actually
worked pretty well. Took a break and put up a 20m dipole at about 25' and
carried on. This morning I go up the tower with some troubleshooting tools and
find a bad coax jumper. Replace it and suddenly, Sunday feels much better.

The new 40m vertically polarized delta loop worked quite well, making a number
of daylight QSOs to WA.

10m was punk until Sunday afternoon with a couple ESP stations and a few very
loud ones. Strange conditions for sure.

Thanks to mobiles N7WA and WW7D for keeping the interest up. Also W7TSQ for my
one and only RTTY contact.

K3/100, TH6DXX 48', 40m delta loop, 80m 1/2 sloper, N1MM, GHE Radio Boss.

73,
Tom N2CU <><   <- salmon, YUMMY!