[3830] SAC CW N8II SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW N8II SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:24:04 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   10     9
   40:   68    29
   20:  146    42
   15:  123    33
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  347   113  Total Score = 56,839

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The geomagnetic field stayed pretty quiet with good signals on 15 well past
Scand sunset, but activity moved to lower bands before 15 closed, once it
closed there was no later opening. I heard a couple of big gun OH's on 10
peaking over AF, but no Q's, single op was probably not listening very
carefully on 2nd band.
LP worked out pretty well, but unable to get more than about 3 CQ answers on 15
and none on 40 or 20. Not everyone on 80 heard me, but most did; one with quite
a loud signal did not. Condtions on 20 were good, but got the impression
activity peaked before 20 opened well to NA. I think the 41 mults is an all
time single band high for me on CW. 40 was the best I can ever remember and
made a personal best number of Q's and mults there, even the weak Scandinavians
almost always heard my LP. I worked XP2I (big pile ups!), JW5E, and TF on 40
thru 15. There were a few painfully slow waits to get thru louder stations
calling Scand., had to leave and come back later a few times. I think my score
is also a personal best, HP or LP. I took way too much time off, so am capable
of much better with same condx. I was off the air by 0220Z and not back until
1125Z. See you all again next year.