[3830] CQ WW RTTY KO7AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KO7AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 18:13:12 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ARIZONA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:    0    0       0        0     0
   40:   81  163      26       27    11
   20:   55  122      20       17     7
   15:  164  399      29       33     7
   10:  110  252      20       27    16
Total:  410  936      95      104    41  Total Score = 224,640

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The monsoon season (daily thunderstorms) is over, so it was time to hook all the
antennas/radios back together and see what still works after 6 months off.
I have some work to do! At least nothing else broke down during a HP RTTY test
with lots of CQing....

This is still the best contest format of all. A DX test when there is DX to
work, and a domestic test in the afternoons, when things get pretty slow out
west. The WPX CW for some reason needs to be on the Memorial Day weekend, and
can't possibly be moved, because change is bad, especially if the change only
benefits W/K ops.

10M can be amazing even with a SFI of 140. My 10M beam was one of the things
not working, so I was just using a 5/8 10M vertical. Calling CQ on Saturday
afternoon, in just 30 mins, netted (in a counterclockwise order) calls from
UA0,JA,KH6,VK/ZL/LU/PY/YV/W4/W1/VY2. That is what keeps me coming back....

73 , Bill KO7AA in Tucson