[3830] CQ WW RTTY LU8EOT(LU9ESD) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu9esd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY LU8EOT(LU9ESD) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:51:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LU8EOT
Operator(s): LU9ESD
Station: LU8EOT

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Escobar, BA
Operating Time (hrs): 27:39

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1009  3005      52      77    27
Total: 1009  3005      52      77    27  Total Score = 468,780

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

The first idea was LU8EOT SOSB10 LP and LU9ESD SOSB40HP, but after a problem on
my 2 ele. Yagi for 40mt few hours before the test, Mark decides to invite me to
operate his station, for first time in HP.
I decide to make a 1400 Km. car trip, bringing my homemade and recently
upgraded amplifier with 2xGI46b and some other stuff, because Mark's station
never operates with more than 100w.
I arrive to LU8EOT just a half hour before the test.
The first 4 hours was with 100W, while Mark works with the power line for the
amplifier.

At the first atempt to tune the amplifier, something was wrong: full SWR and no
RX. At 05.00z (02.00AM LUT), I decide to climb in the darkness to the tower and
check was going wrong. EVERYTHING was wrong up there:
We need to replace the male coax connector, the female connector and cable
inside the gamma match.
Nearly three hours later, finally we can put 1Kw. in the 4 ele. Yagi, but I was
so tired with the trip andthe work on the tower, so I take a break for 3 hours.

Conditions on 10M was excellent. EU comes early in the morning, at midday NA
comes strong, so the whole afternoon, I can work NA, EU and Africa at same
time. Japan comes through NW before sunset until before sunrise.
We really miss Oceania and Middle East openings.

But there are more troubles. I lost the amplifier after the first 24 hours.
apparently, the transformer was too small for these russian tubes. Was very
difficult to draw the smoke and burning smell persisted for many hours!!

So, this was a 24/24 contest... A half in HP and the other half in LP.
Until the amp explosion, had nearly 700 QSO. It's a big difference between HP
and LP.

For us, a contest without troubles, would be so boring! HI

So we are really happy to share a whole weekend, to meet again after several
month, and specially to let us clear, that this madness that we have for the
radio, has no boundaries, distances and schedules. We are proud to be ham!

Thanks everybody for the Q's.
Thanks Mark to let me operate your station!

We meet again in the CQWW SSB from ZW5B.

Manu LU9ESD

Sect missed:
USA: SD, ME, VT
VE: LB, MB, NF, NS, NU, NWT, YT (poor activity from VE)

Zones Missed:
2, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 37, 39 (marked black holes!)

Setup:
RIG: FT-950
PA: Edcom DX Upgraded (and died)
Soft: N1MM + MMVARI