[3830] CQ WW RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 23:14:43 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 25:22

   80:   10     2        1       1     1
   40:  119   292       17      15    14
   20:  360   854       48      56    22
   15:  437  1037       45      49    20
   10:  276   627       41      38    22
Total: 1193  2812      152     159    87  Total Score = 1,119,176

Club:

Comments:

Wow, 10M is alive and well in AK!  At least for this weekend.  Sat. afternoon
and early Sun. morning the band was open and fun.  I finally figured out why
I've always had no luck in working EU on 10M.  First, get the solar flux up
over 130.  Second, get my butt out of bed and on the air earlier in the
morning!  Apparently I've been sleeping through the opening time to EU.

By the time I went to breakfast and took a shower this morning the fun went
away.  The CME really put a damper on all the bands making it a lot of work to
get a handful in the log.  The final hour was fun though as I snagged several
mults from calls whose pile ups I couldn't bust, but who now were looking to
add to their mult totals by calling me.  Way more fun that way!