[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GHA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GHA SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 12:00:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz
Operating Time (hrs): 29

   80:   21    24       13       2     3
   40:   63    94       26      13    10
   20:  153   324       36      39    22
   15:  230   515       39      53    20
   10:  115   237       27      25    18
Total:  582  1194      141     132    73  Total Score = 413,124

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first fully focused RTTY contest. After a glitch at the start, it
was a lot of fun to S&P for the entire event. Added a few new DXCC entries from
Europe. 15 m was unexpectedly the best band, 10m held up, and 20m was good.
Europe worked well as did Asia. Some simple lessons learned:

- Donâ??t change monitor cables just before the contest. Went to a new HDMI
cable and on every key it put the monitor to sleep. Quick fix.

- Donâ??t freelance macro changes while contesting. Got myself into a few spots
where contacts were lost via bad macro edits. In the end they are set up well
for the next event.

- Donâ??t allow cat in contest station. They have a propensity to want to use
the keyboard as well. Why is that? We know they can't type!

As usual I need to do something about 40-80m wire. It is just not making the
grade looking at others results. Lost a lot of contact time chasing contacts
where I couldnâ??t be worked.
All in all a fun, first time, button pushing event. Best contest score, but
hope to do better in CQP.