[3830] CaQP N6HC SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6hc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6HC SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:56:39 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: ORAN
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:    0      0
   80:   84     37
   40:  121    151
   20:  212    418
   15:  204    226
   10:   62    126
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-950SD, Kenwood TL-922A amplifier
Antennas: Mosley TA-34XL (10/15/20), KLM 2 element beam (40), Inverted Vee
(80)
Software: N1MM v.12.10
42% CW QSOs, 58% SSB QSOs
Missed NT for multiplier
QSO rate average~100/hour

I wasn't planning on operating much in this contest due to a bout of acute
bronchitis, but my medical ailment wasn't the only thing that was infectious.
Once I got into the fray, I found it difficult to turn the radio off.  I'm
amazed that I lasted 16.5 hours considering how miserable I felt!  Operating
SSB was quite difficult with my hoarse voice, but I perservered with the help
of a voice keyer.  The biggest surprises this time around were the calls from
Kenya, South Africa and Corsica.  Of course, there was some European interest
as well with Gs, GIs, DLs, HAs, SPs and several JAs added to the mix.  Another
surprise was contacting K7JA (Chip) from the K5MFJ shindig in Mississippi at
the MFJ event. I never heard the NT multiplier but there seemed to be lots of
interest concentrated in the other 57 multiplier areas.  I valiantly tried to
make ten meters a major player for Qs but the propagation Gods failed me.  As
usual, 20 meters was the money band accounting for 38% of my QSOs.  Thank you
for all the Qs and I hope to see you in the next CQP. A big thank you to Alan
(K6SRZ) for being the tip of the organizational spear this year.
73 Arnie N6HC