[3830] PaQP NW3H Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nw3h@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] PaQP NW3H Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:18:49 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Skippack, PA MGY
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:   0       1      0         0
   80:   0      56      0         0
   40:   0     316      0         0
   20:   0       2      0         0
   15:   0       5      0         0
   10:   0       1      0         0
    6:   0       0      0         0
    2:   0       0      0         0
---------------------------------------
Total:   0     381      0         0  Mults = 102  Total Score = 79,858

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My first ever county sweep. I usually miss by two or three but this year I got
lucky.  Thanks for the rovers who were out there on Sunday afternoon and for
the sleepy counties who finally got on late in the game.  Warren, Cambria,
Wyoming, and Snyder clinched it for me late in the afternoon.  Score also
includes two contacts with the W3SC bonus station.
This is one of my favorite contests.  I have had lots of bad luck during the
weekend for the last several years.  Murphy usually would visit in the form of
family issues, problems, etc.  This year with 6 week old little Hannah along
with her big 2 1/2 year old sister Zoey in toe things went as smoothly as
possible. Hannah even sat next to me in her bouncy seat and slept while Daddy
ran on 40 meters.  Not a lot of time to operate but when I did I made the most
of it.  I had a rate of 96 from 1857-1957 on Saturday (my second hour in the
contest) which for my low hanging dipole and my 800 watts was tremendous for my
station.  Had 61 counties after I shut down around 10:45pm on Saturday.  The
solar flare pretty much made my vertical on the high bands useless on Saturday
and Sunday and even so on 40 meters.  The dipole on 80 and 40 hanging at about
30 feet as a sloper did amazingly well for me.  Usually only use it on 80 but
now know it rocks in this kind of contest.  97% of my contacts were made on
this dipole.
Looking forward to CQWW and getting my two element yagi up next weekend. Thanks
to all the rovers, the hams who got on in the counties that people needed and
for all the help on the spots from our friends around the state.

Rig: Icom IC-7600
Antenna: 80/40 meter dipole, Cushcraft R-8
Amp: Ameritron AL-811H