[3830] NyQP VE3KZ SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rtsnash@bell.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP VE3KZ SOMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 08:48:10 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: ON/GTA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:
   80:   38     33
   40:   72     70
   20:   22      1
   15:    1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  133    104      0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 20,720

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I tried to put in a better effort this year in the NYQP but my 80m antenna was
taken out by a wind a few days ago. Without it I had to settle for loading up
my 160m dipole on 80 - super high SWR and all. Using only the exciter and
internal tuner, I had to carefully control the power level to keep the station
from "taking off" with RFI. My apologies to those that might have seen delays
in my coming back as I fumbled for the power control with my rig hissing at
me!
At any rate it was fun and I managed 56 counties and most of the 1X1's, enough
to spell out the required three words.
My friend Stan, VE3TW gave me a run on low power actually making more QSO's but
CW (and HP on 20 and 40) tilted the scores.
Great effort from the NY ops and particularly by the multitude of RDXA MONroe
stations and the mobiles.

73 Bob VE3KZ