[3830] NyQP K8MR RoverMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP K8MR RoverMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:34:17 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: RoverMixed LP
QTH: 6 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:  189    106
   20:   53      4
   15:   20     15
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  189    128      0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 36,420

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I arranged to combine the NYQP with a visit with former next door neighbors who
now live in Pittsford. I had tried to find some local Rochester help to do a
full time mobile effort, but when that did not happen I opted for a part time
rover effort, to be back in time for dinner with my wife and our friends.

I again used the 40 meter "33 Foot HamStick" (a 33 ft wire attached to the
magmount of the roof of the minivan) that was so successful in last weekend's
PA QSO Party. It worked well again, and I was able to CQ on 40 SSB, something
that does not happen with the 7 foot variety. The normal HamSticks were used on
20 and 15.

I had one of my neatest qsos in my many mobile trips. I had stopped in a small
park in a town in Ontario county, when W1DV answered my 40 meter CQ, giving me
Ontario county. He asked where I was. I grabbed a map to figure out I was in
the town of of Phelps. "Where in Phelps?" I looked around for the sign with the
park name. "My house is right at the edge of that park". So Dave walked 200 feet
out from his front door for a very pleasant eyeball QSO. Yes, he was 60 over on
the meter!

It was a beautiful fall day to be driving around the Finger Lakes. Conditions
and activity were good. We have the date penciled in on our friends' calendar
for next year!

73  -   Jim   K8MR