[3830] JARTS K0CMA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cm.anders74@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS K0CMA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:28:24 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K0CMA
Operator(s): K0CMA
Station: K0CMA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM38ci
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:   39    79    14
   40:  200   436    34
   20:  179   406    45
   15:  181   428    56
   10:   59   155    28
-------------------------
Total:  658  1504   177  Total Score = 266,208

Club:

Comments:

What a great contest. I wasn't really sure I was going to participate in this
one mainly due to my work schedule, but ended up being home and figured I may
as well work a little and see how it went. If nothing else I could hand out a
few points to some of you. The conditions were so good I ended up putting way
more effort in than originally planned. I have really got to get something
better up in the air for a 10m antenna. Everything here at the shack is still
all wires. The multiband is a real poor performer on 10m and also gives the
computer RF fits. My solution was to build a wire dipole just for 10 and it was
an improvement, but just really doesn't cut it. My score was really cut into
badly by my lack of 10m capabilities in CQ WW RTTY a couple weeks ago and now
same story now for JARTS. I'll have to keep making due with what I have for the
time being though and still have a great time, just pointing out one of my
stations weaknesses and addressing a problem I definitely need to rectify.

The age exchange in this one really put me back. I was the youngest op in all
but 8-10 Q's out of 650+ Q's at 37 y/o. It kind of made me question the future
of RTTY contesting and how we can get more younger ops involved. I did
recognize a couple of calls of OM's I'd seen several times in PSK-31 only
before and was glad to see them. Maybe more will make the transition and
discover the fun of RTTY contesting. Perhaps a little more tolerance of the
other subsets in the hobby would go a long way here.....

Anyway, thanks for the contacts and my apologies to the op I duped within 5
minutes at the end of the contest. All I can say is your call printed perfectly
as a new mult 3 times in a row missing the second letter of your prefix right
until the end of the last over when it came across with a second letter in the
prefix and I realized what had happened. If you read this, you'll know who you
are and I hope it's not considered crossing a line including this in my notes.
I probably cost us both one last QSO and for sure did you as you had others
calling you.