[3830] CQWW SSB K6OK SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K6OK SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:53:22 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: N California
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:   66    13       33
   10:   34    14       21
------------------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Part-time effort. The only antenna I had up is a 15m Moxon pointed to my
northeast, so I worked mostly Zone 14, 15 and 16. Also used the Moxon as a
non-resonant dipole on 10m at low efficiency. Kenwood TS-590, 100 watts.

I could tell conditions were going to be good on the high bands because on
Friday night at 0100 UT I worked three stations in Finland (OH) -- my sunset
gray line to their local midnight. The next day shortly after my sunrise 15
meters and 10 meters were both open to Europe. The limiting factor for me, as a
small station in California, was not propagation -- it was competing with so
many other stations trying to answer the runners calling CQ. Calling over and
over really slowed down my rate. On Sunday the propagation seemed to be
one-way, I could hear a lot more stations than could hear me. They were also
asking for a lot of repeats from other W's and K's, so it wasn't just me.

Glad I spent some time on this contest. We all need to enjoy sunspots while we
have them!