[3830] CQWW SSB VE3MGY SOSB(A)/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3mgy@hotmail.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3MGY SOSB(A)/160 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 04:10:14 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SOSB(A)/160 LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  400    6        9
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  400    6        9  Total Score = 11,415

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Poor propagation, very high QRN, and long deep QSB can easily summarize the
entire weekend on 160M. When the the beverages are S7 (-83 dbm) with QRN you
know it's going to be bad... The vertical had S9 (-73dbm) QRN all weekend
except for Saturday night when it went to S9+5 (-68 dbm) so I was amazed I
heard anyone let alone work DX. The path to SA was open but not to EU from
here. Only heard a few EU stations above the noise level and one AF but they
could not hear me.

There were many stations that were at or below the S9 noise level all weekend
that I could not copy. If you were one of them it doesn't mean you were weak -
if you were at the noise level you were a true S9 here! Thanks to all for their
patience and repeats while I went through all the antennas looking for the best
SNR. Alot of times it worked but there were also many who were just 1 db short
of full copy here.

Looking forward to quieter condx on 160 in the coming months - that is if
anything is left standing after â??Frankenstormâ?? hits here tonight.

73
Brian
VE3MGY