[3830] CQWW SSB KL8DX SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL8DX SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:00:41 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 6hr18m

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    0     0        0
   20:   13     5        4
   15:  237     6        5
   10:  452    11       13
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

CHECKLOG

I only had a few hours to operate in this one due to a planned trip
head north to pick up my wife from the airport. I just wanted
to really play on 10 meters. I don't operate SSB very much so it's
always a pleasure to put a voice with a callsign now and again.

Fun working so many long time friends and regulars in this contest.
I squeezed out a few nice conversations as well with Rick, WB8JUI,
Don, N7BT and Martin, W3MLK to name a few. I had several stations
call me who commented they were working me off the back of their
beam. As it happens often, many on the East Coast are still working
EU and Africa and are putting great signals into Alaska at the same
time. Also enjoyed chatting on Twitter with a few during a few lulls
in contacts.

With 10 meters coming to life yet again, I'm really looking forward
to the CW version of this contest! Weather is getting chilly in
Alaska but at least the bands are hot! Seeing a few scores posted by
my Alaskan neighbors and congrats to them for an awesome weekend!
Our numbers may be small in comparison to other states but there are
some big competitors here, many of which who have inspired and helped
me in my journey. I wrote up a short overview of this contest and
posted it to my blog.

73 and thanks so much for the QSO's!

Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK