[3830] CQWW SSB TF3CW SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB TF3CW SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:52:57 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TF3CW
Operator(s): TF3CW
Station: TF3CW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Iceland
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 4336    36      126
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Another great CQWW SSB contest is over....Propagation was great on saturday but
come sunday the band took a bad dive, and never recovered. Two improtant
changes were made to the setup this year:

1. The location was moved to the seaside, with salt water take off to the US
and Japan / Pacific.

2. For the first time ever, I used 2 antennas on the same band. Antenna nr. 1
is a Optibeam OB5, a 5 el. Monobander on a 46 foot boom, up 80 feet fixed on
the US. Antenna nr. 2 is a 4 el Monobander up 70 feet,rotatable, but pointing
most of the time to JA / Pacific. This proved to be very beneficial.

Every Contester has stories to tell that make up the many joys of Contesting,
and this CQWW was no exception......"After fighting the EU wall of QRM for
hours, I just had to take a brake. I went outside for 10 minutes, to stretch,
and soak in the beautiful autumn weather. After returning and not having
touched the dial, I hear a weak station calling: CQ Contest...9M2SM....and not
getting any replies...My jaw dropped, I needed him as a new mult. I dropped my
call, and we made the QSO. Then I spin the dial to find a frequency, start a CQ
and VR2KF comes right back.....another mult" !!! Just another priceless
Contesting moment.

Bring on the CW part.....

Siggi TF3CW
CONTESTING: Much more than a Hobby, a Lifestyle...