[3830] CQWW SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:12:18 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

  160:   30    10       18
   80:  163    16       58
   40:  431    22       74
   20:  223    30       78
   15:  563    24       71
   10:  932    26       91
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to John N3HBX for letting me use the Poolesville station.  A lot of work
has been done since the June 2012 derecho and the station is in full working
order.

After 17 hours I pulled the plug and went home after the NHC made some very
ominous predictions concerning Hurricane Sandy including 6 to 10 inches of
rain, 75+ MPH gusts, and a landfall timetable that was moved up by 12 hours.

Given how much work had yet to be done around the house to prep, I felt I had
no choice but to call it and get home.  I spent practically all of Saturday
afternoon and Sunday morning clearing gutters, raking leaves, and digging a
trench where the house has become vulnerable to water.

I very much wish I could have pressed on as I know I would have broken the W3
record and may have come in on the USA record.  Hopefully next year.