[3830] CQWW SSB EI9KC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, moli516@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EI9KC SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:16:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI9KC
Operator(s): EI9KC
Station: EI9KC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Co. Kildare
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   11              8
   80:   48             28
   40:   45             31
   20:  189             60
   15:  287             66
   10:  648             92
------------------------------
Total: 1228    32      115  Total Score = 911,586

Club:

Comments:

New experience noticed this time during CQWW SSB 2012 contest working as
NON-ASSISTED. It means no used DX-Cluster during competition. It was much
harder to find new multipliers. But what a thrill is when Multiplier is giving
you a call when doing CQ. Or when searching frequencies from time to time new
Multiplier (New Country/CQ Zone appear)! This is amazing. Can you imagine how
it was for me when station from Madagascar 5R8UI located in CQ zone 39 show up
during my searching? Or KH7O Hawaii Islands located in CQ Zone 31 ? Or when I
was calling CQ and station from New Zealand  ZL4M gave me a call and New CQ
Zone 32! Few times I've found interesting station in wanted CQ ZONE but pile-up
was massive that time or it was almost the end of condition on the band and I
could not reach it. I had a situation last night when station ZD8O was active
on 21Mhz and it was too late for me to reach him when signals in his location
from NA where much stronger. Similar thing with stations located in Zones 27
and 28. SWL' them , but not worked.
Summary for 40 CQ Zones:

32 CQ Zones worked.
Missing Zones: 1 , 23 , 27 , 28 , 34 , 36 , 37* , 38

52% of my QSOs on 28Mhz! As band in great condition. To be honest with a bit of
luck all World was active on 28Mhz last weekend. A lot of stations where
operating on 10m only. One day after contest I've spoken with EI5JQ Adam and he
told me about his 1800 QSOs made on 10m ONLY during contest! New EI record ?
Perhaps! One more 28Mhz beauty .... band is WIDE ... noticed activity from
28.250Mhz up to 29.100 Mhz thats a lot! Compare it to 40m where you can operate
from 7.040 up to 7.200 ... huge difference!
For 160/80/40m my multiband dipole on the tree is not GREAT thing but something
I must take what I have and little activity on those bands from my side. One
thing to remember on 80m! Easier for me was to work C5A The Gambia than several
EU countries hi hi!

That is all for now.
73! and CU in next Contest!
de EI9KC