[3830] CQWW SSB RU0FM M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, uu5maf@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB RU0FM M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:57:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: RU0FM
Operator(s): KE5JA, RA0FU, RC0F, RU0FM
Station: RU0FM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   16    10       12
   80:  182    24       32
   40:  942    31       83
   20:  712    37      121
   15: 3381    37      132
   10:  750    32      103
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

For the 2012 CQ WWDX SSB contest, our RU0FM team consisted of RU0FM, RC0F,
RA0FU, and RA/KE5JA.  With a fantastic Sakhalin Island QTH and team of
experienced operators, not to mention good band conditions, I guess we canâ??t
complain about our 10 million+ raw score.

Our Russian far east QTH is not so good for multipliers, but our direct shot to
North America helps compensate somewhat.  We had fantastic 15M runs for
approximately three hours every morning, contributing to a total over 3300 15M
QSOâ??s.  RC0Fâ??s QSO rate peaked well into the 300/hour range during the
first morning (with the best first hour qrate at 350).  OK, so the three -
seven over seven over seven antennas on 15M with a direct shot over the water
to North America helped, but weâ??ll take all the help we can get.

Our plan was to operate multi-single and thatâ??s what we did for most of the
contest, but we decided over half way into the second day to change to multi-2.
 This enabled us to CQ simultaneously on 15 and 10 during the closing hours of
the contest and our QSO totals really increased accordingly.  Now if we had
only decided to go multi-2 from the start, our score would have been much
higher?

40M had very strong signals as always, but we couldnâ??t get any good runs
going into Europe.  40M was better for us last year.  Not much on 80 and 160
other than a few multipliers.  20M should also have been better.

My reports being slowed down by Russian stations replying in Russian and then
having to ask them to change to English, but we were amused by the compliments
I received for my English skills from several North American stations.  We also
had one of our two amps shut down half way into the contest, but a quick trip
into town produced a back-up.

Weâ??re happy with our results, but hope they will be better in the future as
weâ??re still fine tuning the station and operations.  Look for more antennas
and a bigger signal from RU0FM next year . . . .

On behalf of the RU0FM team,
Very 73!
Max RA/KE5JA