[3830] CQWW SSB OH9A(OH1NOA) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH9A(OH1NOA) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:39:37 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH9A
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2158    39      158
------------------------------
Total: 2158    39      158  Total Score = 911,519

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT1000D + Alpha 91b
4/4/4/4el yagis (armstrong, 70m walk to the tower)
6el yagi

No aurora but SFU was just too low for us to compete against other Europeans.
Band closed early without any good US runs. Good suprise was anyhow that band
was open when contest started at 00z - really nice to have zone 3, KH6, KL7 and
XE in your log before the first morning.

Sunday evening skip condx to Europe added some 150+ one pointers to my log.
Late Sunday (20z) band was also open to KH6 but not to anywhere else.

This was my first CQWW in the assisted class. It is kind of fun, but it of
course removes the skill factor from multiplier chasing especially in the
single band class. But my mult numbers are pretty decent I think. Missed only
zone 37 - saw no spots from that zone. YT1HA wrote that "thanks for Z81D,
7Q7DFC, 5Z4EE for calling" but never heard those. Then there were GT, GZ and SU
who didn't hear me. SU of course had an impossible pileup to break. Then there
were 5 or 6 other missing mults spotted which I didn't hear at all or barely.

73 and see you @CW leg.

Timo OH1NOA