[3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6zh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 22:49:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6ZH
Operator(s): K6ZH
Station: K6ZH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:   64
   40:  183
   20:  168
   15:  150
   10:   50
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Objectives:
1) clean sweep
2) make at least 100K points to add to SCCC total.

Result:  done, and done!

Got the sweep about 9 a.m. local time on Sunday morning.  I went to bed Sat.
night needing VO1, VE2, and WPA (!)  Got back on the air Sun. morning after
breakfast.  Started calling CQ on 15.  Worked 2 guys, and then - whoa, VO1XX
called me!  OK, that's nice.  QRZ?  Next call:  VE2AWR.  Could the script be
more perfect.  It then took almost an hour to get WPA scratched off the list:
thanks to N3SD calling me.  I found one more WPA station later - that was it.
Not the normal "rare" section, is it?  I was worried about the ONN, ONS, ONE,
and GTA split of VE3, but I had all of them in the log within the first 2
hours.

Had some nice runs on 20 and 40 - not so much on 10 or 15.  Sunday morning /
early afternoon was really a slow slog to get to the 100K points level.  At
that point, I was 'done'.

But overall - great fun.  Worked VY1EI early on (and VY1JA called me later on
40).  I think the only section that didn't eventually call me was KP4.  I
worked NP4Z early on Saturday and I never heard him again.

So I'll order another 'dust collector,' a.k.a. Clean Sweep coffee mug.  I've
often wondered if you really have to get a clean sweep, or if you just send in
money, is that sufficient??   ;-)

73 - Jim, K6ZH