[3830] SS CW NR1X Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NR1X Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:28:55 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NR1X
Operator(s): NR1X
Station: NR1X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 14:08

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  233
   20:  110
   15:   14
   10:  103
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Missed VT and NT. Guess it will always be someone I just cant seem to find or
break the pile up for, but it sure is fun trying! Starting to really learn how
to use the receiver to its fullest potential here,(TU W1UJ) and now I wonder
why they even have AGC, but that's another story. Antennas here are my
weakness. Nothing for 80m witch I think would have been a game changer, and
would have kept me in the seat a little longer. 40M is the trusty wire GP with
4 raised radials, and that thing sure works, been up several years and only
came apart once that I remember. nice ant. For 20m we have an EDZ, but it is
compromised as one end came down out of its tree so it slopes from 45ft on the
SE end to about 10ft on the NW end. Its in tough shape but once the crowd
settled on 20m it did ok. For 15m... Notta, used the 40m gp but I know for sure
just because the swr said its good, it is not much more than a dummyload. 10m is
where I have my best antenna and I tried to take fullest advantage of that fact.
Home brewed 3el. yagi on a 12ft boom, at about 35ft. Best thing I ever did to
that ta33jr was cut the stinking traps off it. Now to find an orphan one for
15m project. Great fun though and will be sure to get in this one as long as I
am still breathing, maybe stay in the chair for a full non-stop 24 hours next
year.
RIG: FT-950
AMP: TenTec Centaur @ 500w
NR1X, Al, CT