[3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:17:55 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  124
   40:  506
   20:  327
   15:  390
   10:   94
------------

Club:

Comments:

Seems like this was a excellent year to be in New Mexico ! Got off to a great
start, and just kept my distance from the competition during the really slow
stretch on Sunday.

Started the contest on 10, but it was mostly "Hudson River" propagation. A
solar flux of 95 is just not enough there. 15 was the money band during the
daytime, and 40 at night. 80 was very noisy Saturday night from thunderstorms
just east of here.

Activity seemed down, but some of that was no doubt due to Sandy. The great
conditions in CQWW SSB a week earlier also have a negative effect on CW SS
activity. Burnout !

Thanks to the CCO for encouraging activity from the new Ontario sections. NNY
and NT were scarce, but thanks to K2NNY, WB9G and VY1EI for their
contributions. I understand VY1JA was also active.

Everything worked perfectly in the station. The only antenna change from
previous years was the addition of a 3 element 15 meter beam fixed NW. Very
useful for picking up WA/OR/CA stations that are off the side of the big
monobander.

Radios: TS-590S (x2), Alpha 76PA, Alpha 76CA
Antennas:
10: 6 el @ 30'
15: 6 el @ 32', 3 el NW @30'
20: 5 el @ 65', KT-36XA @ 75'