[3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, halken@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:31:23 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  229
   40:  465
   20:  309
   15:  101
   10:    7
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Overall lot's of fun as usual.  Activity seems down a little, but that could
just be me.  The station continues to suffer from no real 15M antenna, every
year I promise myself to do something about that.  I thought I had preparation
done better than ever and still had one problem - the K9AY was very noisy and
not usable the first night.  Its a big help here in domestic contests - so I
was RX on the TX antennas.  First break (0756Z) I checked the coax at the house
entry and it was lose - fixed the K9AY noise in 10 seconds.  Rx was a lot better
the second night.  15 sounded fine although 10 and 15 were mere shadows of
themselves the weekend before.   Last sections were SF and NNY.  I was getting
nervous knowing K2NNY was QRT.  No SF early due to no West Coast run on 15 at
the start being possible from here.  40 and 80 were very good the first night
with low noise and good propagation coast to coast.  The noise picked up some
on Sunday.
Operating courtesy seemed at an all time high.  No freq fights; lots of good
operators enjoying Morse.  This was my first full push with the FTdx5000 - what
a great radio.  Everything ran FB and nothing broke - Murphy stayed home.
Thanks to the VY1EI team for the easy mult.
FTdx5000 + FT1000MP, 2 X ACOM2000A, WRITELOG, Homebrew SO2R, Wires in the
woods.