[3830] SS CW N7WA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7WA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:32:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   64
   40:  224
   20:  285
   15:  116
   10:   54
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

----   Warning! Warning! Downer alert! ---

Very disappointing year. I have to go back to 1998 to find a lower QSO total
and I didn't even have the equipment I have now. (All I had was a TH6 on a 40'
tower and a single radio back then.) Things just seemed flat and I pretty much
missed every hourly goal. I even went to bed 2 hours earlier than usual when
the rate dropped to almost nothing around 11PM local Saturday (usually, it's
worth staying up to 1AM). My second radio count was 100 off from last year and
I worked it hard. Might as well, CQing wasn't producing much rate and I
probably did more S&P than in many a Sweeps.

Did lose the second radio's tri-bander before the test. Was working fine a
couple weeks ago when I checked out the antennas but something changed. Put a
multi-band vertical into service which worked in a pinch. 20M sorta came back
on the tri-bander by Sunday. The vertical doesn't explain 100 Q's less though.

All in all, don't feel too good about this effort. Then I missed the clean
sweep by one. Vermont seems to be a common miss in the soapbox comments.

Time to put this test behind. Need a good CQWW CW to wipe the taste of this one
out of my mouth. <grin>

cheers
dink