[3830] SS CW W4RM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4RM@COMCAST.NET
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4RM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:57:28 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM,W4NF,K5VG
Station: W4RM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  358
   40:  271
   20:  337
   15:  125
   10:   13
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The W4RM Multi-op team this year consisted of W4RM, W4NF and K5VG.  This contest
was fun for the first 11:30 hours prior to going to bed with 650 QSOs and 81
Mults.  We finish the mults on Sunday AM first thing and got busy trying to run
on Sunday but no joy.
The second half of the contest was so slow I wished I hadnâ??t invested the
first 12 hours so I could just stop and watch some football games.  But we kept
going.
Maybe we could come up with a shortened version of this contest and call it the
ARRL SS CW Sprint and only operate the first 12 hours and see how the scores
look at this point.  It doesnâ??t seem like much of a contest when you have no
one to work the second half and everyone who is behind you has all the time
they need to catch up.
I know this for a fact as I caught a few people that had me beat hands down
when we worked Saturday night only for me to have the time to come back and
catch them.
Oh well, I had a great time anyway and Iâ??ll be back next year as always.
73 Bill W4RM